Dos and Don’ts While Wearing your Freeda Wig
All the time customers ask us how long their wig will last. At the same time we have customers who come in with wigs that are 10 years old or older for routine maintenance. The care of your wig will determine its shelf life; here are some dos and don’ts to assist a long lasting wig that you’ll be happy to wear.
- Have a professional maintain your wig if possible; washing the wig incorrectly lends itself to lots of wear and tear on the wig
- Protect your wig from the sun
- Use a wig stand for storage to keep the wig’s shape
- Brush the knots out daily, but be careful not to damage or pull out the hair
- Experiment with different methods of securing your wig , don’t wear a wigs that is uncomfortable
- Use sprays and serums that will condition the hair but don’t let the conditioner get on the material of the wig, as the oils will loosen the knots
- Use tools that are too hot on your wig, but do feel comfortable to style your wig with a curling iron or blow drier just as you would style hair
- Wear an ill-fitting wig, speak to your stylist if the cap feels too small or too big, a minor adjustment is an easy fix
- Don’t wear your wig with wet hair underneath, it will loosen the knots and cause the hair to shed sooner
- Don’t be scared to have the bangs and face framing layers, an unfinished cut will look very wiggy
- Don’t wash your wig too often, think of it like a hat- you can wash it as little as once every 8 weeks or so
Follow this advice and you will enjoy your 100% Virgin European Wig for many years to come.
Questions about maintaining your wig? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org