How to Tease Your Wig
Teasing the hair will give it volume. It’s simple to do and takes little time or talent. This is how it’s done.
- When the wig is damp work volumizing mouse or hair product through the hair to give it some texture
- If you are teasing a dry wig you can use a little dry shampoo for texture and hold
- Next wait until the hair is complete dry to start teasing
- Brush the hair starting from the bottom to get rid of any knots
- Divide the hair in small sections at the crown
- Pull the hair straight up and hold it taut.
- Using a rat tail comb the underside of the hair downward towards the roots to create texture
- Repeat a few times until you see the volume build up
- Clip the teased hair forward
- Section the hair right under the original section. In small ½” pieces repeat the teasing method under and the two sides
- When all the sections are teased pull the hair back and smooth out the top layer.
A teased wig will have extra hold and lift.